Friday, April 4, 2008

Bye Bye Bertie


Is it just me or does anyone else in Ireland think that the fact that Bertie Ahern resigned this week is really sad. Now I'm not particularly very politically minded and if you asked me who the leader of any political party was I would more than likely give you a blank stare which would have you under no illusions that I hadn't a clue. However I do feel that Bertie was given a very raw deal. Now I know that he probably wasn't up to much good in those early days regarding his finances but sure what politician wasn't? I'm pretty certain that they were all at it at some stage, unfortunately for Bertie he got caught. It seems to me that a lot of Bertie's opposition were very quick to jump on the band wagon, but in the words of our Lord " Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" Gospel of John . I very much doubt that any of those politicians could afford to throw the first stone!. What really annoys me about the whole thing is how some of the people of Ireland were so quick to turn on Bertie. How could the people of Ireland be so idiotic that they were so quick to forget all the work he has done for our country. Without him there would be no Good Friday Agreement, details of which can be obtained by clicking on the following link Good Friday . In all honestly what has Bertie Aherns private affairs got to do with the way he ran our country, I for one don't think it affected it at all. He was good at his job, he did a lot for Ireland and I personally think that, that was what people of Ireland should be concentrating on rather than who or where he got his money from. Regardless of how I feel the country's media hounded and hounded him until they got their wish, poor Bertie Ahern resigned. My only worry is, have the people and media of Ireland made a huge mistake. All that said it was time for him to go and I have to say there were some very touching tributes to him as the country said goodbye to Bertie Ahern "man of the people". One of the best I heard was on Today FM , where the , Gift Grub Team did a very touching sketch for Bertie's farewell. For more information on the Ahern years The Irish Independent did a very good article. But If you just want a laugh then check out Irish Blogs.ie . As for me all I have to say is "Goodbye Bertie we will miss you"

No comments: